Monday, March 13, 2017

42" Cuero TX wet gas gathering line PAR released



Some interesting things here. 

I'm still looking for 42" failure data for my PIR formula calibration research. But AGAIN they fail to state accurately the radius of the impacted area relative to failure location for calibrating the PIR. Very common error.

You may recall my previous graphic showing that 71% of all gas pipeline failures in my dataset have occurred within 4 miles of upstream compressor. (4 of 7). Now it is 6 of 8 or 75%!! 

Note: the vertical axis on my graphic is log scale.

Read the report here: (sorry, no pdf)

http://marfapublicradio.org/blog/material-failure-caused-pipeline-explosion-near-cuero-tx/

--
--
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)




--
--
May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)
-- ancient Buddhist Prayer (Metta)

No comments: